The Resurrection Theater of the Absurd


THE RESURRECTION THEATER OF THE ABSURD

You surprised me when you
stepped on my grief and rudely interrupted
my expectations for the show to end

when I assumed we would walk out in darkness
down city streets and go for a martini and talk about
that cross and the dramatic lighting and all that emptiness after

and then we could pick up our heavy heads
and hold them lopsided as we went on our mournful way
living the grey life we always imagined.

But then you, you wizard of astonishment,
you author of unexpected epilogues
you springtime of wildflowers in greened up dead fields

you resurrected my small mind above the predictable plot formulas
and opened up the stone laid over my heart,
so heavy, and yet with you, so easily, so gracefully rolled away.

Comments

Popular Posts