Glory Comes in Love

When he had gone out, Jesus said, "Now the Son of Man has been glorified, and God has been glorified in him. If God has been glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself and will glorify him at once. Little children, I am with you only a little longer. You will look for me; and as I said to the Jews so now I say to you, 'Where I am going, you cannot come.' I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."  - John 13:31-35



He drove the majestic boulevard
his onyx black Mercedes shining
his thoughts wandered from board room
to stock rise and then to cabernets with legs

his mind queried and raced and fumbled
searching for something in him
that could ascend and hover above the ground
and find its way to the infinite light

until his car stopped at the crash the death
the injured child the woeful mother
and he stooped and wiped blood and
took his laundered shirt to bandage

and swaddled the whole mess in his soul
and sat and cried with those who cried
and wiped the boy’s dirty feet
and in a thin drip of light saw the glory

Comments

Popular Posts