Unity Complex




I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them." - John 17:20-26


One can be the singular one
or it can be arithmetically generous
a trillion divided by itself held as fraction

this unity you pray for is it
a lock-step compliance, an orthodoxy
the twentieth century hegemonic earthquake

is it school uniforms and khakis
blue polos and neckerchiefs tied just so
sneakers with white socks pulled up

or is it a complex of color differentiated
a polyrhythmic dance, a tango
of entanglement and then release

collect us all in your manifold arms
and let us be just what we are and
find unity only in your love which is you

Comments

Popular Posts