Fluo-res-cense




There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.  He came as a witness to testify to the light, so that all might believe through him.  He himself was not the light, but he came to testify to the light.
- John 1:6-8 




Fluo-res-cense

-the property of absorbing light
of short wavelength and
emitting light of longer wavelength-

the illuminate one radiates love
at frequencies higher than our
blue eyes and red souls can see and so

something ultraviolet is going on
around us and in us and through us
and our molecules quiver and warm

at one time I was young and wanted
to light the world with gospel and
the world would shine like glitter

after twenty years of dim effort
and quavering and rarely a flint spark
I can see how it goes now with us

I am not the light
and this is a gift I receive
like an excised tumor clean

I am not the light
though occasionally I fluoresce
with the love supreme

Comments

Popular Posts